Respect is a core element of the foundation of not only love, but all sorts of relationships. Respect drives you to the virtue of acceptance. Respect secures and strengthens a relationship more than anything could do. A relationship without respect which spins around desire, lust, and selfishness is like a sad diamond in the crown. But what actually is the respect? How do we actually respect someone?
I’m afraid to tell you that it surprisingly has turned out a “BIG” question for the world we’re living in. Paced routine without communication is enough to make you oblivious to the values, and such simple things which you learn on your own. Things are pretty misunderstood nowadays because of a sudden flip in perception.
Before start exploring this question’s answer to the deep, first let’s discuss the perceptions or definitions which are tagged as “Respect” today.
- Respect is NOT just about saying that you respect.
- Respect is NOT just about admiring the abilities and characteristics.
- Respect is NOT about bowing down heads.
- Respect is NOT about speaking less or quieter to the next person.
- Respect is NOT about agreeing on every single thing without proper debate and discussion.
Respect is usually perceived as admiring the abilities and speaking to them soft and quiet. However, it is lot more than that and is one of the core elements of a healthy and strong bond.