Did You Know?
- The smell of chocolate triggers theta brain waves which increases relaxation.
- White chocolate isn’t technically chocolate, as it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor.
- It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make one pound (450 g) of chocolate.
- The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate!
- M&Ms were created in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting.
- Every second, Americans collectively eat 100 pounds of chocolate.
- The World’s Largest Chocolate Bar weighed 5,792 kgs (12,770 lb)
- Chocolate magnate Milton Hershey canceled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters.
- There are potato chips dipped in milk chocolate .
- Eating dark chocolate everyday reduces the risk of heart disease by one – third.
- Chocolate can sicken and even kill dogs and cats.
- Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect in the mouth and protects against tooth decay.
- In 2013, Belgium issued a limited edition of chocolate flavored post stamps.
- A lethal dosage of chocolate for human beings is about 22 lbs or 40 Hershey bars.
- The average chocolate bar contains 8 insect parts.
- There’s a pill that makes farts smell like chocolate.
- Nutella was invented during world war two, when an Italian pastry maker mixed chocolate with hazelnuts to increase his supply of chocolate.
- When it comes to coughs, chocolate is more effective than codeine.