You all know whats special about today. Its Captain Cool’s Birthday. How can we miss it. “Happy Birthday Thala Dhoni.”
May your life be longer than this stretch and may you find happiness in everything, faster than your stumpings. Om Finishaya Namaha!” as said by Shewag!
Here we give you 10 cool facts about Dhoni not told in the movie “M.S.Dhoni- Untold Story”.
1. He was recommended as captain of Team India by Sachin Tendulkar. The rest is history.
2. Dhoni is only the second Indian after Kapil Dev to receive an honorary rank. On November 1, 2011, Dhoni was given the title of Lieutenant Colonel by the Indian Territorial Army.
3. He sported long hair during his initial years of international cricket. He once revealed that the hairstyle was inspired by John Abraham.
4. His pet dogs – Zarah and Sam – play a major role in his personal life. Zarah is a Labrador and Sam an Alsatian.
5. Dhoni loves frequenting temples. His favourite temple is in Ranchi – the Deori Mandir on National Highway 33.
6. He has a very refined taste in music. He loves listening to old classic Hindi movie melodies and is a Kishore Kumar fan.
7. He is very fond of chicken. Another favourite of his is hot chocolate fudge.
8. He was once a football buff too. But you’d be surprised to know that he also fondly played badminton.
9.Dhoni’s father and his wife Sakshi’s father both worked for the same company, MECON.
10. Dhoni was the most expensive signing of the first IPL auction, contracted by the Chennai Super Kings for $1.5 million.